Re: Samba as a PDC

Debian Users wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Clement wrote:

C> Tried to setup Samba 3.0.4-5 on Sarge as a PDC.  Tried very hard to read
C> the docs and sample configure to no success.  When connecting a W2k
C> client, I get this error:
C>
C> "... Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password."

Maybe a stupid question of mine, but have you created the corresponding
Samba users? I think the command is "smbpasswd -a <user>" or something
like that. I remember having similar problems which disppeared when
entering the correct users.

Also, the user name must be specified accordingly in the Windoze client,
e.g. in the "connect network drive" dialog.

Cheers and good luck, Stefan

Both the user, clement, and machine name, clement$ were created with smbpasswd -a and smbpasswd -a -m respectively. Yes, both user and machine name are the same. Is there any other suggestions?

Regards,
Clement