Re: Re: Re: cloning hdb4 to another machine

-----Original Message-----
From: Alvin Oga <aoga@ns.Linux-Consulting.com>
To: Wanda Round <wandaround@myrealbox.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:11:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Re: cloning hdb4 to another machine

hi ya

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Wanda Round wrote:

> current# mkdir /mnt/clone
> current# mount target:/mnt/hdb3 /mnt/clone

..

> I have 2 different machines. I want hdb4 on one machine
> cloned to hdb3 on the other machine. The machines are
> about 20 miles apart (home and work).

mount 2omiles-away:/somedirectory /mnt/clone

> The suggestions will come in very handy when I need to
> clone on the same drive.

the tar cloning works for different drives on same pc or different pc

Alvin and Thomas,

Boy do I feel confused. I'm blanking out on how to
mount the distant hard drive when I can't network to
it. (Dialup at home, NO permission at work)

I do appreciate all the help; was hoping for a "write
to CD, then transfer to distant machine" method.

I'll ponder your directions and see if I can make them
work. Just blank right now.

--
Wanda