Re: Apt-get upgrade for security announcement

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:49:43 -0700
Eric Walstad <eric@ericwalstad.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm having trouble trying to apt-get update/upgrade my debian unstable
> machine with the latest security fixes as advertised in the
> debian-security-announce emails.  When I do:
>
> apt-get update
> apt-get upgrade
> dpkg -l | grep <package name>
>
> I find that the installed version of the package doesn't match what
> advisory says is available.

I already replied to this with one idea (package not yet available),
but here's another:

you say that when you do the above, you don't end up with the new
version installed.  But that's not the same as saying that it's
not available in the package archive.  Are you looking at the output
from the commands above?  Do your package files update OK during
the apt-get update step?  If so, what happens when you do the
apt-get upgrade?  Do you see the packages you want being "held back"
or something like that?

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)