Re: X Setup Question

Raquel Rice wrote:
I've gotten the Gnome login screen to come up. I can even login. Thank you everyone for your help. There's a problem though.

The screen is way too large.  I've edited configuration using
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86, but it doesn't change what the
screen looks like.  I've edited the configurtion file directly, and
the screen still is WAY too large (I'm only seeing maybe 1/4 of the
page).

As mentioned in another post, if you've manually changed the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file, using "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" will no longer modify the file afterwards until you follow the steps outlined at the beginning of that file.

If you move your mouse to the edge of the monitor and the screen shifts, you've got a virtual screen thing going. Basically you either need to set the virtual screen to the same size as your resolution, or disable the virtual screen.

--
Kent West
westk@acu.edu