Re: X Question

Raquel Rice wrote:
Thank you!  [X is] running.  Now the problem I'm having is that I get
only a corner if the screen ... what's there is too large to see all
of it.  Change the screen size in the configuration?

It sounds like your screen resolution is too low, but that the virtual screen size setting has kicked in.

You should be able to modify your screen settings with "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86".

Alternatively you can manually tweak /etc/X11/XF86Config[-4], which you'll have to do if the virtual settings need to be modified. Be aware that if you do manually alter this file, the "dpkg-reconfigure" method will no longer modify the file for you without "fixing" it.

It's been a while since I've played with virtual size settings, so can't offer any specifics, but you should be able to find something about "virtual" (I believe) in the config file, and play with or comment out those lines.

--
Kent West
westk@acu.edu