Re: high system cpu usage, no culprit in top but IS reported by gnome-system-monitor :)

I saw this question on an archive and as there was no solution I thought it
best to share mine.

Although top does not report any process as eating the CPU, a program called
gnome-system-monitor does :).

If you are using kde and having high CPU usage problems, as some of the boxes
I've installed, fire up gnome-system-monitor and kill the culprits with that!

Hopefully this will help some people :).

Luke.