Re: restrict ssh login to subset of users?

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 19:55, Eric Cheney wrote:
> Hello folks.  I am wonderin gif there an easy way to restrict ssh
> login access to a subset of users?

The most likely answer is to set things up so that only users who belong
to a certain group can log in using ssh.

Maybe the ssh server supports this directly. If not, then I believe that
SSH executes a set of "pam" modules after authenticating a user (see
/etc/pam.d/ssh). Pam (pluggable authentication modules) is very
flexible, so I suspect if you read up on pam you'll find an option to
reject logins for users who are not in a particular group or similar.

Regards,

Simon