Re: Metacity window manager

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 03:47:32PM +0200, Andrei Badea wrote:
> IMHO Metacity isn't meant to be a full-fledged window manager (as is for
> example WM or Fluxbox), but instead it has to be used with the GNOME
> environment, which provides the "additional components", such as
> gnome-panel for the taskbar.

Uh, please define "full-fledged window manager", please.  A window manager
manages windows.  Anything else is extra.

Not that I'd ever be caught dead defending Metashitty, but it's doing
exactly what it's supposed to be doing.

--
 Marc Wilson |     I'm mentally OVERDRAWN!  What's that SIGNPOST
 msw@cox.net |     up ahead?  Where's ROD STERLING when you really