Re: Ask about SSH.

Hai Nguyen wrote:

Dear debian-user@lists.debian.org <mailto:debian-user@lists.debian.org>

My machine is an ALPHASERVER with 6 node, the Linux version is Red Had Linux reales 6.2 (Zoot) - Kernel 2.2.14-6.0 on an alpha.

    Thank you for your helping very much. I have gone to
    http://www.openssh.org/ to see SSH, but what kind of SSH (version,
    file,..) is appropriate for my machine as above? That web page has
    many versions of SSH, I don't know which SSH is the best.

    I hope you help me once again. Thank you verymuch.

    Nguyen Thanh Hai

You know, this is at least the second Redhat question you've asked on a Debian list. Since we pretty much run Debian instead of Redhat, the chances of you getting the correct answer here is probably lower than it'd be if you were to ask on a Redhat list.

Now if you were to convert your server to Debian, we'd be able to give you the easy answer; just type "apt-get install ssh". That's all there is to it on Debian. On Redhat, I haven't a clue what all you'll need to do.

You'll need SSH for Linux for the Alpha architecture. I took a quick look at the page you mention, and didn't see an Alpha version; that probably means you'll have to grab a tarball and compile it yourself. I wish I could be more help to you, but not being a user of Redhat, sorry.

--
Kent