Re: Compatibility of external drive enclosures

On 2004-07-24, Jonathan Melhuish penned:
> I'm looking to buy a USB 2.0 5.25" external drive enclosure.  Which
> ones are linux compatible?
>
> I've been unable to find any useful information despite my Googling
> efforts, so any pointers would be most appreciated.  :-)

My gut instinct is to say that they should all work, but I'm sure
someone out there would be able to post evidence to the contrary.

I bought one of the cheapie enclosures from newegg.com and it works like
a champ on linux.  So does the enclosure I bought for an old laptop
drive.

I believe that this is the enclosure I got:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-145-314&depa=0

--
monique