Re: Distributing platform independant software (Was Is Linux Unix?)

On Saturday 24 July 2004 03:19 pm, David Baron wrote:

> systems, not on others using the same distro. For example, I cannot compile
> anything using QT3. I certainly do have it.

You probably have to specify the QTDIR on the ./configure line, or else set
$QTDIR.  Debian's QT goes into a weird place.

The other solution is to symlink something from the usual place to Debian's
weird place, but I did it so long ago I forgot what I pointed at what.

If you're *really* desperate, I'll go figure it out, but that wasn't a
desperate sounding question, so I'm not giving a lengthy answer.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/