Gimp 2.0.3 losing EXIF data

Presumably following a recent upgrade, Gimp (2.0.3-1) appears not to save JPEG
files with EXIF data intact.

If I open a JPEG file with EXIF data, make no changes and choose Save as,
ensuring that the Save EXIF data Parameter Setting is selected, the EXIF data
is no longer there when examining the Meta Info in Konqueror's file
Properties dialogue. The expected result would be that the EXIF data would
still be there. There is nothing printed to standard error or standard out or
any graphical messages; the data is silently lost.

I'm tracking Debian unstable with more or less daily upgrades, though lately
I've been travelling, and ended up upgrading a bunch of files once I returned
to reasonable Internet access. I believe Gimp was among the packages
upgraded.

Is anyone else seeing this? I can't think of anything that I would have done
to cause this behaviour. Should I file a bug report against gimp? Any other
information I should supply?

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/