Re: iptables filter rules Question??

> Incoming from fbrian@nac.net:
>>
>> I still am stuck; Not sure why this error is happening
>>
>> EULER:~# iptables -A INPUT -i ppp0 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED
>> -j
>> ACCEPT
>> iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
>> EULER:~#
>>
>> here is the output of lsmod
>
> Ah, hah!  I have ipt_LOG and ipt_state on top of yours.  Try
> insmod-ing them (or at least the latter).

Thanks!

I was able to load ipt_LOG

but I was not able to load ipt_state

I tried these...

EULER:~# insmod ipt_STATE
insmod: ipt_STATE: no module by that name found

and

EULER:~# insmod ipt_state
insmod: ipt_state: no module by that name found

I am guessing there is a kernel module I need to build to be able to use
ipt_state?

Do you know how to build and insert a kernel module with out rebuiding the
entire kernel?  If so could you fill me in.

Thanks for all the help and pateince.

Brian