Re: Debian install breaks on 'Configuring Locales'

sorry kent, mail wasn't send to the list,

check out knoppix http://www.knoppix.net or the version from kano (based
on knoppix) called kanotix http://www.kanotix.com
both are cd-bootables, complete linux with an easy install script, which
actualy copies the complete CD (~2.3GB of sw in an compressed
filesystem) to HD. voila, around 40 minutes later, you have a running
debian system! worked on every from the 8 - 10 PCs i had tried so far.

knoppix is a mixture from sarge (testing) and sid (unstable) and
kanotix is pure sid, with a couple of fixes, knoppix does not have.
they both have a very good forum where one can get help quickly.

linux install and use easy from scratch!

if even this does not work, you can go screaming! ;-)

cheers
Guenter