Epson Perfection 1670 Photo and SANE

My new Epson Perfection 1670 Photo was purchased last night, as the http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-EPSON listed this as "good means the device is usable for day-to-day work. Some rather exotic features may be missing".

So to get this unit going I did this:
dhunt:/home/dan# apt-get install libsane libsane-extras hotplug gphoto2 gtkam sane-utils

Right! I'm using a stock kernel 2.6.6-1-k7 and the command
dhunt:/home/dan# sane-find-scanner
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x011f [EPSON Scanner]) at libusb:004:007

Good! Now the command
dhunt:/home/dan# scanimage -L
device `snapscan:libusb:004:007' is a EPSON EPSON Scanner flatbed scanner

Now! The documentation seems to be leading me in circles. I have edited /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf to
uncomment out the line
/dev/usb/scanner0 bus=usb

Anyone have some gentle guidance or HOWTO I must read to get this scanner sharing my vacation photo's?

Kind regards,
Dan Hunt