Re: See what a weak password will get ya?

* Monique Y. Mudama <spam@bounceswoosh.org> [2004-07-23 00:04]:

> I'd add the suggestion to not use obvious usernames like "guest" ...

agree -- I will prob. replace this account name

> Btw, are you 100% sure they never managed to root you and replace some
> of your files?

I wasn't 100% sure I wasn't cracked when I installed, but I am sure that
my core utilities are the same as before this attempt. This and clean
chkrootkit are enough for me, as long as I continue to watch what's
going on.

Thanks everyone, mostly I was just venting, but hopefully this will help
prompt anyone who knows of a potential system weakness.

Paul