Re: mkinitrd: RAID support requires raidtools2

What do you mean you've installed raidtools2 but are using mdadm? I
believe the problem could be this:

o  initrd-tools works on the assumption you're using devfs

o  if you're not using devfs, but you are using raidtools2 to manage
your array, then software RAID should still work (I say this based on
an initrd-tools bug report I read)

o  if you're not using devfs and you're using mdadm to manage your
array, you're out of luck -- compile your own kernel

It would be nice if Debian would take the opportunity before Sarge
becomes stable to just rid itself of devfs (at least on 2.6 kernels),
than software raid using using standard/modern tools would work fine
with the default kernel.

Of course, my recent experience hassling with this has been on Sarge,
not Woody, so I could be way off.

Richard