RE: Debian installer beta 4 can't mount ext3 partitions

Jason Rennie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just did a Debian Sarge install using the beta 4 installer.  I had
> an existing ext3 paritition that I wanted to mount as /home, but after
> "manually partitioning" and telling Debian to use the existing format,
> Debian complained that the ext2 filesystem had something wrong with
> it.  I don't have any ext2 filesystems.  I presume it was looking at
> the ext3 filesystem, trying to mount it as an ext2 filesystem.  When I
> told Debian to ignore the partition, it installed fine.
>
> Anyone else seen this problem?  Has it been fixed in one of the daily
> installer builds?
>
> Jason

I had that problem, what I did was configure all partitions, not mount /home
at all, let the pc build and once it was finished edited /etc/fstab and add
in the home partition,
the problem is fixed in the latest installer AFAIK

--

DISCLAIMER:  The information contained in this email and in any attachments
is confidential and is designated solely for the attention and use of the

  Unless expressly stated this email is not intended to create any
contractual relationship.  If this email is not sent in the course of the
senders employment or fulfilment of his/her duties to Aer Rianta, Aer Rianta
accepts no liability whatsoever for the content of this message or any
attachment(s).

 infosec@aer-rianta.ie

  Aer Rianta, Head Office, Dublin Airport