RE: Debian-Fluxbox Q

Ok...looking further into my startup scripts, I see that the flag in the
/etc/init.d/xdm file has a flag for using this default-display-manager file.
It's called

HEED_DEFAULT_DISPLAY_MANAGER=true

and as shown above it's set to true.  If set to false, is it safe to say
that the .xinitrc and .xsession files would come into play?

Out of curiousity, I think KDE is currently started by using this file, b/c
the default-display-manager file calls KDE.  How come KDE doesn't require my
user to have a .xsession file nor a .xinitrc file?

Thanks again.

Tony UcedaVélez
Security Analyst
tvelez@secureworks.com
877.884.1110
SecureWorks. Rock-solid Internet security.
No hassles. No headcount.  No capital outlay.
http://www.secureworks.com