RT-8169 on Intel 865G motherboad

Do you have this combination to work? I cannot make them work together. I have tried the followings:

- Compiled 2.4.22 kernel w ac1 patch and RT-8169 support. Linux did not see the RT card at all, not even 'lspci' - Compiled 2.4.22 kernel w ac1 patch, but with RT-8169 as a module. This time lspci showed the card but it did not exist in dmesg and could not be configured. - Compiled 2.6.6 kernel with RT-8169 as a module. Same as above, lspci showed the card but it did not exist in dmesg and could not be configured.

The motherboard has a Intel e-100 ethernet on board. The RT-8169 is proved to work on another machine after the tests above. Can you give some suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Clement