Re: lost my 'c' key in X

on Tue, 20 Jul 2004 05:31:44PM +0200, martin f krafft insinuated:
> Apparently, computers are taking over the entertainment industry
> now. Get this: I had been using this computer of mine for a while
> remotely and just today tried to use it locally for the first time
> in days... However, the 'c' key won't print a C, merely cause the
> machine speaker to beep. This is in xdm, way before xmodmap or the
> like. The 'c' key works fine on the console, and it makes no
> difference whether a PS/2 or USB keyboard is used. Even rebooting
> the machine does not fix the problem. I am using X 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4.
>
> Any hints appreciated.

as suggested in an earlier thread[1]: `setxkbmap us` (or whatever variant
you're using -- for a good time, try `setxkbmap dvorak` ;)

</nori>

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2004/07/msg02620.html

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori

++     Sponsor me as I run my SECOND marathon for AIDS:       ++
++ http://www.aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=DC-2844 ++