Re: Upgrade to kernel 2.6.7

    Andreas> alias usb-uhci uhci-hcd

    Andreas> to /etc/modprobe.d/aliases and run update-modules. Next
    Andreas> time you boot the correct driver will be loaded. If you
    Andreas> are not going to use 2.4 anymore, simply change the name
    Andreas> in /etc/modules.

OK - have changed /etc/modules since I will only go back to 2.4 if 2.6
just doesn't work and it seems to be going good enough.

    >> 3) The touchpad on my fujitsu-siemens lifebook's just stopped -
    >> I see some kernel patches for these (synaptec) - will these
    >> appear in a debian standard kernel?

    Andreas> If it works like a ps/s mouse, make sure the mousedev and
    Andreas> psmouse drivers are loaded.

Aha - had mousedev but not psmouse - loaded it and the touchpad just
started working straight away. Thanks for the tip. I assume the best
place to stick this is in /etc/modules too?

    Andreas> Also, take a look at the 2.6 input drivers faq:

    Andreas> <http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/2199>

Will do.

--
Chris