Re: Don't buy Sony (was: Re: sony vaio desktop)

Am Di, den 20.07.2004 schrieb Matthias Czapla um 3:28:

> Additionally I would suggest avoiding *any* product made by that
> company. They actively try to reduce compatibility and are great
> supporters of Digital-Restrictions-Management junk (e.g. Notebooks
> only work with their own expensive RAM modules;

Not true. My Sony Vaio Notebook works with a standard Kingston RAM
module. It was less than 1/2 the price I would have paid for the
"genuine Sony" module. If you need RAM, go to www.kingston.com and
search for your notebook's product number.
But anyway: You're right, Sony is one of the most evil companies with
regard to DRM etc.

joerg

--
Gib GATES keine Chance!