Configuring Cube

Cube is the newest, open-source Doom knockoff. Quite nice actually--uses
openGL so DRI must be working.

Some small comparisons are in order. Doom is old, runs on old clunkers and new
screamers, equally well! The data files are small but give you a large game
area. Quake is newer, data files ten times larger, gamer area more
3-dimensional but not 10x better. Older versions, as I said, run equally well
on slow and fast machines, Newer versions, usually one-on-one duals, run too
fast of fast machines. The opponents jump about without logic or reason.

Cube has this same animation problem. So question 1: How might I slow it down?

The second problem is the only way to turn is with the mouse. This makes the
game unplayable (a trackball would work this way but not a regular mouse!).
How might I bind arrow-pad keys differently? (They now work as slide left and
right which is less usefull)

I have no documentation but there is a .cfg file enabling some configuration.