Re: Thunderbird URL Won't Work

Hi Ed,

On 20.07.2004 04:13, Ed Sutherland wrote:

[...]

How do I renable URLs within Thunderbird and Gnome? (It is preventing me from using Linux.) Thanks.

Just edit ~/.mozilla-thunderbird/default/[whatever is here]/user.js and enter the settings you want. You can speciy different settings for different protcols of course. Works fine for me.

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/bin/mozilla-firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "/usr/bin/mozilla-firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp", "/usr/bin/mozilla-firefox");

Note, that thunderbird must not be running, when you do the changes, otherwise your new settings might get lost when restartin thunderbird.

HTH

Christian
--
To reply to this posting directly use the following address and
remove the 'NO-SPAM' part: Riedel.Christian.NO-SPAM@gmx.net