Re: vsftpd does not accepd passwords of local accounts

On Sunday 18 July 2004 22:35, Flo hurled the following on the wire:
> *Hi there!
>
> After uninstalling proftpd cause it was much to slow for unknown reasons,
> I have installed vsftpd.
> It is currently running, but there is the problem, that vsftpd does
> not accept the passwords of my local users. I surely typed the passwords
> rightly,
> but vsftpd does not accept them. There does always come the error 530 -
> login incorrect.
> I don't know what's wrong there...

Have you checked that the user that's supposed to run the vsftp deamon (eg
nobody) as setup in the config file actually exists on your system?

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.