nfs weirdness

We have a webserver that serves personal webpages that are mounted
thru NFS.  There must be somethign weird with NFS because ever since
the new update the load on any of our debian boxes have been about 2
non-stop.  The kern.log is full of error messages like this:

Jul 19 00:48:00 xxxx kernel: nfs: server xxxx not responding, still trying
Jul 19 00:48:01 xxxx kernel: nfs: server xxxx OK

kern.log is full of this and prints this pair out every 20 seconds or
so.  I'm not sure if it's the nfs server that is having a problem or
the client, but I guess that's why I'm posting ot the mailing list.

We are using debian unstable and the nfs server is running a custom
2.6.7 kernel and using the nfs-kernel-server package and the nfs
client is running the default debian 2.6.6-1 kernel.

Any help is greatly aprreciated so that we can have happy nfs mounts again.
Thanks!!!