Re: [OT] [Solved] Err, how do I turn off screen blanking

Patrick Wiseman wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, Randy W. Sims wrote:

:Matthias Czapla wrote:
:> On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 08:48:32PM -0400, Randy W. Sims wrote:
:>
:>>How do I turn off or customize the time out for the "screen saver" that
:>>blanks the screen? I thought it might be part of the power management
:>>features, but couldn't find any docs. Note: this is the blanking that
:>>occurs both at the console and within X, it's not the screen saver.
:>
:>
:> Don't know about the console but the builtin X screen saver can be
:> controlled with the xset command. Note that additionally to the
:> "s" option the "dpms" option may be useful if your monitor supports
:> it.
:
:I've tried:
:
:xset -dpms
:xset s noblank
:xset s off
:
:without success. My screen still blanks every couple of minutes.

Is it a BIOS setting perhaps?  That was my solution for the selfsame
problem, and my screen hasn't blanked in weeks.

D'oh. That was it. I turned that setting off when I first got my laptop; I have no idea how it got reset.

toshset -d 0

fixed it.

Thanks all,
Randy.