Listing Files - Permissions in Octal?

How can I generate a directory listing, including permissions represented in octal, instead of "r", "w", & "x"?

I frequently use "ls -l" to list files, including their permissions, but I thought sometimes it would be nice to list these in terms of their octal values.

I couldn't find any hints in "man ls", or google. Does anyone here know how it's done?

Sorry for asking such a general question - I'd be happy to ask elsewhere if someone knows a more appropriate list.

Thanks!

Jack