Re: More info on hostname, domain name, etc.

Thanks. I'm now starting to think the problem is actually with my ethernet card, a DLink DFE-530TX. Debian lists a driver for this device (rtl8139), but it says the device is busy when I try to insert the module during the install, and gives me the following message when I drop into a shell and do "insmod rtl8139":

Using /lib/modules/2.2.20-idepci/net/rtl8139.o
/lib/modules/2.2.20-idepci/net/rtl8139.o: unresolved symbol pci_drv_unregister
/lib/modules/2.2.20-idepci/net/rtl8139.o: unresolved symbol
pci_drv_register
/lib/modules/2.2.20-idepci/net/rtl8139.o:
Hint: You are trying to load a module without a GPL compatible license and it has unresolved symbols. Contact the module supplier for assistance, only they can help you.

How do I contact the module supplier? Are there command-line arguments I should be doing here? Anyone with feedback here? Should I just get a new ethernet card? Can anyone recommend a certifiably Debian-compatible model?

=========
Phil Thomson
home: http://www.sfu.ca/~pthomson
label: http://centibel.org/