Re: gswitchit of X server problem?

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 05:02:24PM +0900, Alfonso Muñoz-Pomer Fuentes wrote:
> Hi, I've just read your mail about gswitchit keyboard layouts regarding
> Spanish input. I've seen that you have also an address from Japan, so
> maybe you're trying to have both Japanese and Spanish keyboard layouts.
> My case is the same (Debian unstable, GNOME 2.6). Have you solved your
> problem yet?

Not yet, though I haven't tried again lately. My problem is specifically
with switching between English and Spanish. When I need Japanese input I use
the canna server, so I write romaji and I have no problem. But when I write
Spanish I need a different layout.

> However, GNOME 2.4 worked perfectly with the gkb applet.

I had problems with that. In fact that's how it all started. I was a happy
user of gkb, until I noticed I could not switch virtual terminals when I
used it to change to Spanish layout (C-A-Fn) didn't work. There's a bug
filed about it:

to which I contributed comments, but it's still open...

>So far, the best solution I've managed to
> get to is have two launchers in the panel with the following commands:

 Thank you for your suggestions and comments in general. I will try them
when I have a little more time today.

Regards,

							Victor