cd record and woody

My old Debian system was unfortunately reduced to toast by a UPS
failure.  I had been using cdrecord and the ide-scsi module happily.
My new Debian - still Woody - system does not seem to have the ide-scsi
module anywhere.
uname
Linux cbw 2.2.20-idepci #1 Sat Apr 20 12:45:19 EST 2002 i686 unknown
I had read that now for the newer kernels direct ide access is the
preferred route.  When I tried a 2.4 kernel none of my nic ports
worked, so I stopped experimenting.

I really like the stable distribution for this particular server.  Does
anyone have any ideas how I might get back to writing cd's again?  I
am just asking about ISO images of files as a convenient back up.

Thanks,
J. Miller (jmmiller@msms.org)