The state of debian security

Quote from debian?s security website:

Debian takes security very seriously.  Most security problems brought to our
attention are corrected within 48 hours.

Debian has yet to release security patches for two major vulnerabilities in php.
 In fact they haven?t released an advisory of any kind in over two weeks.  I
know that this is a community effort, but I don?t really understand how that?s
an excuse seeing that Gentoo released and updated ebuild the next day.

I love debian.  I run debian stable on all of my production machines, and the
belief that security patches would be handed down to the community promptly was
a major factor in choosing it as our distribution of choice.  Nevertheless, if
users continued to be frustrated by slow response times to security issues and
poor developer attitudes, debian has no real advantage over any other distro.

Frustrated and vulnerable?