Re: Ximian Connector for Debian Sid

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 12:40, Andy Firman wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 11:36:36AM -0400, Mark Roach wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 10:35 -0400, Andy Firman wrote:
> > > Running Sid on my laptop with Evolution 1.4.6-3 and I would
> > > like to connect to an Exchange server.
> >
> > > There are some packages here:
> > > http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/debian/sid/
> > >
> > > Or should one install evo1.5 from experimental?
> > > Will that screw things up for me in regards to library dependancies?
> >
> > I am using evo1.5 from experimental. It doesn't include the ximian
> > connector. I installed evolution1.5-dev and pulled the cvs version of
> > ximian conector (1_5_9_2 branch) and was able to compile and install it
> > with a little fighting with makefiles but it seems pretty unstable.
> >
> > If you really want to get some work done stick with 1.4 and jdub's
> > packages.
>
> Yes that is what I really want but I am missing something.
> Sorry if I am missing something obvious.
>
> This is in my sources.list
>
> deb http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/debian/sid ./
> deb-src http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/debian/sid ./
>
> apt-cache search ximian-connector shows nothing.
>
> How do I get his packages in?

Well, I went through the effort of compiling it. (a response to this
message before). I use unstable... the connector is for a newer
version... but since I use it for a project I am involved with, it
works.

If you trust me,I have put it up for public availability. You will have
to "dpkg -i evolution-exchange_1.4.7.2-1_i386.deb"

http://www.gregfolkert.net/files/evolution-exchange_1.4.7.2-1_i386.deb

Please feel free to grab it. If I need to though I'll put a download
limit per IP on it... so don't delete it if you have multiple machines
to install it on.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is