Re: Unknown Scancode Errors

Thomas Adam wrote:

--- Duggan <wayjen6@dodo.com.au> wrote: ]

the command "dmesg -n 6" would stop the errors.  Unfortunately I have to

While that command can indeed by used at init, it will not solve your
underlying problems.

enter this every time I boot up the machine which is very frustrating, and I am also concerned that other errors may be filtered out by this command. Can someone advise me how I should deal with this problem?

You should look at the scancodes in question. Have a read of 'loadkeys',
'dumpkeys', 'showkey'. They all have manpages..... You might also consider
posting some of the errors here to the list. You'll find them in
/var/log/messages

They arise from pressing those wondeful Windows keys (second generation) such as "back," "forward" etc. I solved the problem by giving the keyboard to my wife who wants nothing more than a good GUI.

I will confess I'm surprised the kernel doesn't deal with them more silently, like it does with the first-generation Windows keys, by now.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait