Re: LPRng, Debian, and OS X

On Friday 2004-07-16 01:25 am, Jim McCloskey wrote:

> Well, it's not *my* Mac .....

Given that you stated "OS X" in the subject line, yes it is - unless you've
done some serious surgery to your setup.

> More seriously, I've configured CUPS before on a different system, and
> that experience was as horrific as Eric Raymond's[1].

Do you have kprinter already installed on your system?  If not, then apt-get
install kdeprint to get it.  Honestly, I'd be hard pressed to imagine a
much simpler way to configure a local (serial/parallel/USB) or remote
(Samba, CUPS, IPP, LPD) printer.  It saves the setup to the local CUPS
config file, so even if you don't use KDE it's a nice way to bootstrap your
system.
--
Kirk Strauser