Unknown Scancode Errors

I have recently installed Sarge on a Celeron 850 machine with a Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop plugged in via PS/2. I am becoming increasingly annoyed by unknown scancode errors which continually interupt commands in the bash console, especially "unknown scancode e0 59". Apart from this the keyboard works flawlessly for typing (multimedia keys don't work). I did a google search and discovered that the command "dmesg -n 6" would stop the errors. Unfortunately I have to enter this every time I boot up the machine which is very frustrating, and I am also concerned that other errors may be filtered out by this command. Can someone advise me how I should deal with this problem?

Thankyou

Elijah