Re: NTP IP via DHCP (using dhcp3-client)

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 11:57, Mark Ferlatte wrote:
> Alex Malinovich said on Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 08:41:48AM -0500:
> > I'm trying to get my laptop to use whichever NTP server is specified via
> > DHCP and not having much luck. I have heard that dhcpcd will
> > automatically rewrite your ntp.conf if it receives NTP info via DHCP,
> > but I would prefer to stick with the ISC version of DHCP if at all
> > possible. I've found the dhclient hooks, but as far as I can tell it's
> > impossible to actually get at the NTP server info using them. Any ideas?
> I think that the version of dhclient from sid (version 3.mumble) supports
> setting NTP servers via DHCP.  I'm pretty sure that the version in woody does
> not support this (either dhcp-client or dhcp3-client).

I use sid and I just did an update a few days ago and as far as I can
tell, that functionality still isn't there. I could be missing something
though, so any ideas where I can look to see if it's maybe trying to
work but not succeeding?

Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837