Re: cdparanoia rips all zeros

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 23:17, John Krasnay wrote:
> Thanks, Greg. cdda2wav is working much better.
>
> I'd still be interested if anyone had insight into why cdparanoia would
> suddenly and permanently stop working, right in the middle of a rip,
> after months of flawless performance.

Umm... It Broke?

No, The /dev/hd[a-l] interface in 2.6.x is very flaky. Sometimes it just
works on a specific machine, because you hits that "magic" mark that no
one knows about (I was there for quite a while too), and thought nothing
of it.

The I really started updating my machine regularly vs... 1 time per
month. This is when it broke for me. Could be different for others.

If on 2.4.2x well,  I don't know. haven't been there for 8 months.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster: Linux