Re: enable duplex

Jacob Friis Larsen wrote:
I have a HP ProLiant DL140 with Integrated Dual Broadcom 10/100/1000 NICs.

Am I correct that duplex means that I can use the two jacks as one?

Nah, duplex means that the NIC can transmit and receive at the same time. You'll have a duplex connection if you're connected to another machine with a crossover cable, or connected to a switch. If you're connecting to a HUB, you'll have a simplex connection.

If so, do I enable it like this:
ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off

What happens if one of the jacks suddenly is not connected?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.