How do Kernel updates work on Woody?

Hi,

I'm a new Debian user. I want to know how do kernel updates
happen?

Let me explain:

I've installed "Woody" on my PC. The kernel is the default 2.4.18-bf2.4
There have been certain recent kernel vulnerabilities. I'm sure
these got patched. Then why is that when I do a `apt-get upgrade'
I do not see any kernel update mentioned? Will I see it only if
I install one of the optimized kernel-image packages?

--

At any given moment, an arrow must be either where it is or where it is
not.  But obviously it cannot be where it is not.  And if it is where

                  Random signature generated by Signify v1.07
                             http://www.debian.org/