apt-get and Mailman

I'm having a problem with Mailman - error below.  My lists work, but I can't
view any of the pertinent web pages (like to create a new list or any other
admin task).  There seems to be at least one error with
/var/lib/mailman/logs.  This file is apparently a link to a nonexistent
file.  It appears empty when viewed with vim, and as a dimmed icon in KDE,
with KDE indicating this is a link to a PREVIOUSLY-existing file.

I'm running unstable.  Is there any way to tell if an apt-update/upgrade has
broken my Mailman installation (and therefore I should wait for a fix) or if
something else has happened that I should try to diagnose and fix?  It used
to work, and I haven't changed anything or installed anything except what I
get with current upgrades.

I'm posting mainly to this list to ask this about apt-get:  If I apt-get
remove Mailman (not using purge option), and then reinstall, will my
configuration still be intact?  Thanks - John

Here's the web page I see:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.4

We're sorry, we hit a bug!
If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of
this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what
happened. Thanks! - John

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/mailman/scripts/driver", line 68, in run_main
    immediate=1)
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py", line 52, in
__init__
    Logger.__init__(self, category, nofail, immediate)
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 49, in __init__
    self.__get_f()
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 67, in __get_f
    1)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/codecs.py", line 566, in open
    file = __builtin__.open(filename, mode, buffering)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/mailman/logs/error'