Re: Can anyone print to an HP inkjet after Cups upgrade? (libcupsys2-gnutls10)

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 03:01 pm, Jacob S. wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:47:14 -0400
>
> Joe Potter <jpotter1034@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > The above says it all.
> >
> > If I am to keep Sarge upgraded, I will have to accept
> > libcupsys2-gnutls10. :-(
> >
> > This makes my HP 920c print graphics only. I lose text printing. I do
> > not print many photos however. I do like to print a little text once
> > in a while!
>
> hmm... I just upgraded my Sarge and printing is still working great. I'm
> using cups and hpijs to print to an Officejet G85. I haven't tried
> printing graphics, but your e-mail printed just fine.
>
> Have you checked your log files to see if they show anything?
>
> Jacob

I experienced this problem with libcupsys2-gnutls10 in Cupsys when I was
 using sid.  I was printing to a Epson Stylus Photo 1280 and Epson Stylus
 Photo 820.

This is the reason why I quit using unstable, I couldn't afford to have a
broken system because it is a big part of bringing income in the door.

I'm sorry to hear that it might still be broken.  I filed a bug report in
Debian where it was closed because it was a problem with KDE not upgrading
their end quickly enough (?)  Honestly, I didn't understand what happened,
only that unstable was broken (again) and I am still learning how all of this
works.

If you're using sid you might think about going to testing for more
 stability.

Peace,
Gail