Re: a policy question about stable

Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

Dear Users,
	I'm using Sarge and installed "gaim" to log on to MSN, Yahoo
	messengers. I wasn't able to log on to Yahoo. Looking up at
	Gaim's IRC channel, I found that the problem had been fixed in
	Gaim 0.79.
	I know testing(sarge) has delayed updates than stable/sid. My
	question is when sarge gets into stable and such problems occur,
	how do things get accomplished ?
	Does packages like gaim and others remain unusable or their
	versions are increased or they are patched ?

Packages often remain broken, even if they're completely useless. For example selinux. If you want selinux on Woody, Russell Coker will tell you where to get a version that works, and it aint Woody.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait