del key and keyboard switching do not work after upgrade of xserver

I am using debian unstable. After recent apt-get dist-upgrade I noticed, that in all X applications the del key started to work as the backspace. Also, the switching to other keyboard layout stopped working.
The keyboard layout is set up in the file
Option XkbOptions grp:shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll
Do anyone knows, what is causing this problem?
I suspect, the X server is not using the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, which it always used, but why? And what is it using?