Re: Boot Flavours

According to Ralph Crongeyer,
> Ryan McGregor wrote:
>
> >Hi, I would like to download and try Debian as my operating system and
> >I don't know which of the 7 cds I need. Could you please explain to me
> >which Cd's I will need for each of the boot flavours and how this
> >process works. Thank you for your time.
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >
> >Ryan McGregor
> >

> Hi Ryan,
> Go here:
> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
> Then go down to the second item on the page
>

>  Installing sarge with the Debian-Installer
>
> and select the 110 MB CD image for you architecture.
>
> Use that cd to install.
>
> Then read the installation instructions fron here:
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual

The little 50MB business-card size one works well too.

Either way- install the base system from a little CD and it
will get the rest, whatever you decide you need, from the
net via ftp or http (you choose the protocol, you choose the
mirror).  By the way, don't go hog-wild and install
everything you might ever need.  That way lies trouble.  You
can always get more later, so get what you /need/ and get
comfortable with it, then get more.  It's just an apt-get
away.