From: John van Spaandonk [mailto:j.spaandonk@chello.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 11:50 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Color Distortion in KDE

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 09:04, Silvan wrote:

I've had the same problem, since the X update about a

month ago.  It

worked fine before that.  I also have the 855 GM video controller.

Me three, and it's damned strange, really.  I've been using

Sid on a

box with an i845 chipset for months, and I had never seen

this.  Today

I installed Sid on a Dell Some Flummy 2400 with the same

i845 chipset,

and I saw the funky color inversion thing you're talking

about.  I had

had Mandrake 10.0 on the same box previously, and had run

Knoppix and

Libranet and maybe AGNULA on it without ever seeing that.

Damn strange indeed.  I hope it doesn't show up on my home box the
next time I upgrade.  I did have to grab some stuff from

experimental

today on that new install, because I caught too many packages with
their pants down.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

This problem started for me in sarge yesterday, with the
kdelibs etc. update.