Still no sound in Flash

I have posted before about this problem before but have still not been able to get sound to play when running flash.

Sound does work for everything else, just not flash. I can cat a .au file to /dev/dsp and it works (as root, or a user, since I am in the audio group). I can also play music CDs with XFreeCD with no problem. When I run a flash program, however, the speakers are silent. Well, almost silent -- if I turn the volume all the way up I can hear some buzzing and clicking in the background, but nothing more.

I had not been running alsa when I last posted, but I installed it yesterday, after I did an apt-get upgrade and got the new (7.0.25) version of flash. The results are the same, however.

I am running:

2.4.24-1-k7 kernel (debian stock kernel)
Mozilla Firefox 0.8
Opera 7.50
flashplugin-nonfree 7.0.25-4
alsa-base 1.0.5a-1
alsa-utils 1.0.5a-1
libasound2 1.0.5a-1

I am NOT running arts.
I do NOT use KDE, or gnome.  I use fvwm2 as my window manager.

I Can 'cat /dev/dsp' without any errors about the file being busy.

Since I am in the audio group and can 'cat' files to /dev/dsp all the suggestions about changing permissions do not apply and do not help.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what will get me sound in flash? I would like for my daughter to be able to play flash games on nick.com, but without sound they arn't real useful.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com