Re: Openoffice won't start

Andrew Ingram wrote:

What happens when you start "oowriter" from a shell e.g. xterm? Whats the output?

OpenOffice.org lockfile found (/home/andrew/.openoffice/1.1.2/.lock)
rm /home/andrew/.openoffice/1.1.2/.lock

(you might even want to try "mv /home/andrew/.openoffice /home/andrew.openoffice.13July2004").

Using existing OpenOffice.org
I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale ""

I've seen some issues with locales on several machines the past few months. What has typically worked for me is to "apt-get install locales", then "dpkg-reconfigure locales" and select the first three EN-US entries.

--
Kent