Re: Voyetra Sound Card--lound squeal, hiss

Gregory Pierce wrote:

Hello,

I am having a terrible problem getting any sound out of my speakers
other than a very loud squeal when I try to play any music including
streams. The sound card, a Voyetra something or other is recognized
during boot up and I have a volume contral icon which I can adjust but I
have no human sounding output from the speakers (a simplpe two speaker
set) just a very loud squeal!  The same speakers work fine on the a
WinXP box.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greg

Just a guess, but if you have a mic input, mute the mic. It sounds like you might be getting feedback. (This is particularly likely on a laptop.)

--
Kent